TERMS AND CONDITIONS
of booking and accommodation
in Rent like home apartments (“Terms and Conditions”)
effective from 18 December 2020
The Terms and Conditions define the rights and obligations of the Service Recipient (“Customer”) and the Service Provider - Rent like home sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw at ul. Koszykowa 61a, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register under KRS number 0000598008, with a share capital of PLN 13,350, tax identification number NIP 6762500419, e-mail address: email@example.com (“Rent like home”), in terms of booking, providing accommodation service, or rental in the apartments offered by Rent like home, as well as the rules governing payments, complaints, and liability.
These Terms and Conditions are an integral part of the accommodation contract concluded with Rent like home in the facilities managed by Rent like home.
Making a booking is tantamount to accepting the provisions of the Terms and Conditions, which the Customer may read at the web address www.rentlikehome.com/pl/regulamin.
Whenever the Terms and Conditions mentions:
- Customer – shall be understood as a natural person with legal capacity within the meaning of the Civil Code, a legal person, or an organisational unit referred to in art. 331 of the Civil Code, being a party to an accommodation or rental agreement in the apartments offered by Rent like home,
- Rent like home – shall be understood as the Service Provider, i.e. Rent like home sp. z o.o. (formerly Lloyd Apartments sp. z o.o.) with its seat in Warsaw at ul. Koszykowa 61a, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register under KRS number 0000598008,
- Website – shall be understood as the website: www.rentlikehome.com, owned by Rent like home, and the booking platform contained therein,
- Agreement – shall be understood as all mutual rights and obligations of the parties under the agreement for accommodation in the apartments offered by Rent like home,
- Service – shall be understood as the accommodation service provided by Rent like home for the Customer,
- Total Service Price – shall be understood as the amount indicated during the booking process, including all payments resulting from the concluded Agreement,
- Force Majeure – shall be understood as any external, inevitable phenomenon, which could not have been predicted or opposed, in particular a phenomenon of a factual, legal, or administrative nature which, despite all efforts, could not have been foreseen, e.g. flood, hurricane, earthquake, war. Force majeure cannot be understood as: illness, car accident, cancelled leave, cancelled flight, lack of documents authorising to cross the border, family and personal matters, etc.
- Underage Persons – shall be understood as any natural person between 13 and 18 years of age.
- These Terms and Conditions define the terms of booking and accommodation in the apartments offered by Rent like home, as well as the rules governing payment, complaints, and liability of the parties to the Agreement.
- Proper use of the Website requires computer equipment that meets the following technical requirements:
- Internet access,
- an installed web browser (it is recommended to have the most up-to-date version of a given browser, e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, etc.),
- active and properly configured e-mail account.
- The correspondence address of Rent like home is: ul. Koszykowa 61a, 00-667 Warsaw, and the e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject of the Agreement
- The subject of the Agreement is the provision of an accommodation service in the apartments offered by Rent like home via the Website or a web portal intermediating in the conclusion of agreements with Rent like home.
- Rent like home is obliged to provide the Customer with an apartment in line with the description posted on the Website or a web portal intermediating in the conclusion of agreements with Rent Like Home on the dates specified in the booking, and the Customer is obliged to pay the Total Service Price specified during the booking process.
- Making a booking by the Customer via the Website or a web portal intermediating in the conclusion of agreements with Rent like home is tantamount to accepting these Terms and Conditions and concluding an Agreement between the Customer and Rent like home.
Booking and Payment
- In the booking process, the Customer selects the apartments offered by Rent like home via the Website or a web portal intermediating in the conclusion of agreements with Rent like home, and then books the apartments by completing the virtual booking form available on the Website or web portal intermediating in the conclusion of agreements with Rent like home or makes a booking by phone at +48 22 250 87 94 or by e-mail.
- The Customer makes the booking by indicating specific dates marking the beginning and end of their stay, as well as the number of persons staying in the apartments, under the offer posted on the Website or intermediary web portal. The stay is counted in days. If a booking is made by phone or by e-mail, the booking is effective after the Customer receives its confirmation from Rent like home to their e-mail address.
- Each of the apartments offered by Rent like home is intended for the maximum number of persons indicated in the booking form. The number of persons who are to stay in any given apartment is indicated by the Customer during the booking: in the booking form, by phone, or via e-mail. This number may not exceed the maximum number for a given apartment. If more persons are to stay in the apartment than indicated in the booking form, or as agreed by phone or e-mail, and less than the maximum number for a given apartment, it must be agreed directly with Rent like home before the beginning of the stay and may result in an increase in the price of the rental or its refusal.
- Booking confirmation is made by delivering to the e-mail address indicated by the Customer during the booking process a message containing the following: confirmation of the booking, offer summary, indication of the Total Service Price, acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and date of reservation.
- Within 2 working days from the date of receipt of the message referred to in Section 4 above, but not later than on the date of the Service's commencement, the Customer is obliged to pay by bank transfer to the bank account indicated in § 3 sec. 10 of the Agreement, or by debiting the Customer's credit card, the amount of the prepayment towards the Total Service Price in the amount specified for the booking, between 0% and 100% of the Total Service Price. The payment of the booking fee is made on the day the Rent like home bank account is credited.
- Lack of payment referred to in Section 5 above gives Rent like home the right to withdraw from the Agreement with immediate effect, without the need to set an additional deadline for performance. Rent like home informs the Customer about exercising this right between the expiry of the deadline for prepayment and by the date of commencement of stay at the latest.
- Payment of the Total Service Price reduced by the amount of the prepayment referred to in § 3 sec. 5 above, shall be made by bank transfer to the Rent like home bank account number: 04 1750 0012 0000 0000 3151 0481 or another bank account indicated by Rent like home, or by debiting the Customer's credit card. The payment should be made before the beginning of the stay or, upon confirmation of such possibility with Rent like home, with a payment card or in cash upon check-in at the latest.
- Where the Customer has made the payment by bank transfer to the Rent like home bank account immediately before the beginning of the stay, then at the request of Rent like home, they are obliged to present the confirmation of the transfer to Rent like home in any form (printout, pdf) and using any medium (paper, smartphone, laptop).
- Lack of payment referred to in Section 7 above gives Rent like home the right to terminate the Agreement with immediate effect, without the need to set an additional deadline for performance and without the need to return the prepayment.
- The payment is made on the day the Rent Like Home bank account is credited.
Customer is obliged to provide the information necessary for the
(in particular name and surname, address, contact telephone number, e-mail address), while declaring their validity.
- A sales receipt is the standard proof of purchase of the Service. If the Customer needs an invoice for their stay, they are obliged to provide this information and the data necessary to issue it as part of the correspondence regarding the booking. It must be done no later than 2 hours after payment to Rent like home is made and sent to the e-mail address: email@example.com.
Conditions of stay
- Stay in the apartment begins no earlier than 4:00 p.m. on the first day specified in the Agreement and ends on the last day at 11:00 a.m.
- Leaving the apartment after 11.00 a.m. on the last day of stay is possible only after prior arrangement by phone and approval by Rent like home. However, in any case the apartment must be vacated no later than at 4:00 p.m. on the last day of stay.
- In the event of vacating the apartment after 11.00 a.m. on the last day of stay without the prior consent of Rent like home, Rent like home shall impose an additional fee on the Customer in the amount of the price for the last day of stay, but not less than PLN 300.
- On the day the stay begins, the apartment is handed over at a time previously agreed by Rent like home with the Customer, but not earlier than 4:00 p.m. The client is given keys to the apartment by a Rent like home employee or via an access code to the location where the keys are stored or to an electronic lock. Rent like home is not liable to the Customer for any delays in handing over the apartment due to the lack of notification of the time of arrival by the Customer.
- Customer check-in by a Rent like home employee between 10:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m. is an additional service possible only if Rent like home has been notified earlier and expressed its permission. In the above case, Rent like home shall impose an additional flat-rate charge of PLN 150 on the Customer.
- On the day of check-in and handing over the keys to the apartment, Rent like home is entitled to require the Customer to present their ID card or passport in order to confirm and record the Customer's personal data.
- The Customer is obliged to use the apartment in a manner consistent with its intended purpose, the provisions of the Terms and Conditions and the principles of community life, in particular in a way that does not disturb the peace of third parties, including people living in neighbouring apartments.
- Quiet hours are between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. During this time, the number of people in the apartment shall correspond to the number of people for whom the booking was made.
- The Customer also bears the full costs of any damage caused to the rented apartment or common parts of the building in which the apartment is located.
- Rent like home has the right to terminate the Agreement with immediate effect and without reimbursement of the collected funds in the event that the Customer, persons staying in the apartment or an animal behaves in an aggressive manner or disturbs the peace of third parties, including persons staying in neighbouring apartments (in particular by organising parties or other gatherings at the apartment). If it is necessary to intervene with the Police, Municipal Police, security of a given facility, or a Rent like home employee, Rent like home shall impose an additional fee on the Customer in the amount of PLN 1,000 for each violation, which does not limit the ability of claiming compensation on general terms.
- Smoking, especially tobacco products, is strictly forbidden in all apartments offered by Rent like home. This ban does not apply to using a fireplace in line with its purpose if the apartment is equipped with such a fireplace. If the smoking ban is breached, Rent like home may impose an additional fee on the Customer in the amount of PLN 500, which does not limit the ability of claiming compensation on general terms.
- The Customer is obliged to take proper care of the apartment, in particular they are obliged to lock the apartment door during their absence, and do not take the apartment's furnishings outside of its premises. If Rent like home finds that any furnishings are missing after the Customer's stay, Rent like home may charge the Customer with the cost of purchase of the missing equipment.
- The customer is obliged to report any defects in the apartment immediately after discovering them to Rent like home.
- Rent like home shall provide the Client with an apartment in a condition suitable for the performance of the Service and maintain it in such a condition for the duration of the Agreement. Minor expenses connected with the usual use of the apartment are charged to Rent like home.
- Rent like home and the Customer have the right to withdraw from the agreement within 3 days from the occurrence of Force Majeure. The Customer is entitled to a refund of all amounts paid, except for the costs incurred by Rent like home involved with the preparation and cleaning of the apartment, as well as payment and booking processing.
- Lack of payments referred to in § 3 of the Agreement is considered a non-performance within the meaning of the provisions of the Civil Code.
- At any time, before the agreed date of stay, the Customer has the right to withdraw from the Agreement in accordance with the terms of cancellation contained in the offer used for the reservation.
- Changing the booking date or changing the apartment selected in the booking process is possible only with mutual agreement of the parties. In the event of disagreement between the parties, Section 3 above shall apply.
- The Customer's early departure from the apartment does not entitle the Customer to a refund for the unused part of the stay.
the event that Rent
for reasons beyond its control, is forced to change the essential
terms of the agreement during the stay, in particular, to change the
booked apartment, it immediately notifies the Customer, who should
immediately inform Rent
- accepts the proposed amendment to the Agreement, or
- withdraws from the Agreement effective on the date of withdrawal, which involves an immediate return of any payments to the Customer. The Customer has the right to withdraw from the Agreement within 3 days of being notified by Rent like home about the circumstances indicated in § 5 sec. 6 above.
- Rent like home collects a returnable deposit from the Customer to cover any potential damages made to the apartment. The amount of the returnable deposit depends on the selected apartment and the length of stay. Information on the amount of the returnable deposit is provided in the offer of a given stay during the booking process. The returnable deposit is collected in cash, by bank transfer or by debiting the Customer's payment card. If cash is selected, Rent like home issues the Customer a receipt for the returnable deposit; in the case of charging a payment card, Rent like home issues a confirmation of payment authorisation.
- The deposit referred to in Section 7 above is returned to the Customer within 7 days from the day of check-out by releasing the payment card's authorisation hold or by bank transfer.
- If Rent like home finds any damage to the apartment, which was not recorded at check-in and not reported by the Customer, the costs of repairing the damage shall be deducted from the Customer's deposit. If the amount of the deposit is not enough to cover the damage referred to in the previous sentence, the Customer is obliged to cover the difference between the amount of the damage and the amount of the deposit paid. The above does not prevent Rent like home from claiming compensation on general terms.
- Rent like home is responsible for non-performance or improper performance of the Agreement, unless the non-performance or improper performance is caused solely by the act or omission of the Customer or Force Majeure.
- The Customer is liable for all kinds of damage to the apartment, in particular to its equipment and permanent elements, caused by the actions/omissions of the Customer or the actions/omissions of people staying in the apartment during the client's stay, or animals, about which Rent like home informs within 1 day of the damage taking place.
- The Customer is not liable for damage caused by Force Majeure.
- Rent like home does not bear any responsibility for items belonging to the Customer left in the apartment after the check-out date. If Rent like home finds that the Customer has left items in the apartment, Rent like home may (but is not obliged to) store these items for a period of 14 days from the date of learning about the item being left behind. Items left behind may be handed over to the owner only in person at the place indicated by Rent like home.
- In the event of losing the key to the apartment, access card or remote control for the parking garage or other items used to obtain access to the apartment or facility, the Customer shall be charged for their replacement and (in the event of losing the keys) with the cost of replacing the lock insert and other key sets belonging to Rent like home.
- If it is found that the services provided do not conform the Agreement, the Customer should submit any complaints to Rent like home in writing or in electronic form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14 days from the date of the end of their stay.
- Rent like home considers the complaint within 21 days of its receipt and informs the Customer about the result in electronic form on the address provided by the Customer during the booking process.
- In the event of refusal to accept the complaint, Rent like home is obliged to justify in detail the reasons for the refusal.
- Rent like home does not consent to the stay of animals in its apartments, subject to § 8 sec. 2 - 4 below.
- Before making a booking, a Customer who wishes to stay in the apartment with an animal is obliged to ask Rent like home for individual permission for the stay of animals in the apartment, indicating the specific apartment and the date of stay.
- Rent like home shall immediately reply to the Customer by e-mail about the possibility of staying with the animal.
- If Rent like home agrees for the animal to stay in the apartment, it shall charge the Customer an additional fee for the stay of the animal in the apartment.
Booking by Minors
- Minors between 13 and 18 years of age may make bookings under the conditions specified in the Terms and Conditions only after sending a scanned written consent of their guardian or statutory representative to the electronic address of Rent like home.
- The guardian or statutory representative sends a scan of the consent referred to in Section 1 above, to the Rent Like Home e-mail address within 3 days from the date of booking by the Minor. If the consent of the guardian or statutory representative is not sent to Rent like home within the time limit specified in the previous sentence, Rent like home shall set the guardian or statutory representative a period of 1 day to confirm the reservation (give permission) referred to in Section 1 above. If the permission in question is not sent to Rent like home, the booking is automatically cancelled.
- If Rent like home determines on the day of check-in or during the stay that the Customer is a Minor, Rent like home shall immediately send an inquiry to their guardians or statutory representatives whether they confirm the conclusion of this Agreement by the Customer, providing them 3 hours to return the necessary information. If Rent like home does not receive confirmation of the conclusion of the Agreement, the Agreement is considered void.
- In this case, responsibility for the obligations contained in these Terms and Conditions (including for damage to the apartment) is borne by the guardian or statutory representative of the Minor.
- In matters not covered by this Agreement, the provisions of the Civil Code shall apply.
- The interior design of the apartments provided to Customers by Rent like home constitute a copyrightable work within the meaning of the Act of 4 February 1994 on Copyright and Related Rights (Journal of Laws No. 24, item 83, as amended), therefore both recording it in any manner or the dissemination of the results of such recording in any way is subject to the approval of Rent like home and may require an additional fee.
- The Customer declares that they have been informed about the provision of Article 38 item 12 of the Act of 30 May 2014 on Consumer Rights, according to which in the case of contracts for the provision of accommodation services other than for residential purposes, the consumer shall not be entitled to withdraw from a distance contract, as stipulated by Article 27 of the Act.
- Any disputes between Rent Like Home and the Customer shall be considered in accordance with the provisions of Polish law by the court competent for the city of Warsaw.